[Public-list] fuel tank in engine compartment

Peter Amos p.a.amos at tesco.net
Wed May 5 10:04:27 PDT 2004

Roger,I had a "horizontal" diesel tank under the cabin sole and it caused me
endless trouble.I changed to an 18gal "vertical" tank and mounted it in the
starboard locker on the ledge that liner boats have.One of the best
modifications I have made.I know the non liner models do not have a ledge
but it should not be too difficult to create one.If there is a liner model
A30 nearby have a look.An advantage of having no ledge  to start with is
that you can make one at exactly the right height for the tank you choose.I
found the ledge in my boat a touch too high and it was a bit of a tight fit
but not impossible.
Mounted against the hull it takes up very little usable space.
Peter Amos