[Public-list] what to do with shaft when the engine is gone?

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Mon May 10 08:13:58 PDT 2004

Linc,

I'm just winging it here but, perhaps get a dry wood cylinder (teak) just a
teeny weeney bit larger than the ID of the hole, pound it in and let it
swell up for a better seal when the dear barky gets wet (just like the wood
boats).  That way, shaft could be reinstalled.

Of course, you might want to also get opinions from people who actually know
what they are talking about.

Roger

PS - did you put a hot tub in the space saved by eliminating the iron genoa?