[Public-list] Shaft zinc

isobar at bcpl.net isobar at bcpl.net
Mon May 17 09:56:32 PDT 2004

Bob... I think that's a misprint in the catalog you referenced. T here is
only one value for threads/inch for any given diameter in a thread series,
which is a class of threads for various strengths & tolerences. So, a NC
(National Coarse) 5/8 bolt would bve 11 threads per inch. I'm pretty sure
the threads for an Alberg 7/8 shaft are NC, so you'd want the 11 TPI.  I'll
be the other  part number  for 18 TPI is a misprint fo the NF (National
Fine) finer thread series. Notice the other NF threads further down the table.

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181