[Public-list] dinghys

bob bob at fox.nstn.ca
Mon May 24 04:14:33 PDT 2004

Hi All,

Here is another site for a simple "inexpensive" dinghy.

This dinghy weighs about 50 lbs completed and rows well in a chop.

http://www.boatdesigns.com/cgi-bin/store/web_store.cgi?page=sabotina.html&&c
art_id=1335507_31563

I built 2 of these dinghies and am building a third one now. It does not get
any easier to build a stitch and glue dinghy from the stitch and glue plans
on this site.

I made full size patterns and used 15 gauge copper wire from an electric
motor rewind shop (cheap, they use miles and miles of various sizes of
copper wire). The copper wire was used to twist tie all the bottom, side,
bow and stern panels together before the epoxy and epoxy fillers was applied
to all joints.

Bob
A30 # 560