[Public-list] Re: Water tank

Robert E Johns rjohns3 at optonline.net
Wed May 26 07:20:03 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, May 26, 2004, at 02:48 AM, Randy Weatherspoon wrote:

> Does anyone know the capacity of the built in water tank in the center
> of
> the V Berth?
> I have hull #385 without liner--- 1969

I believe that the tanks are 30 gallons. I read that somewhere, and
after emptying a full tank into the empty bilge and pumping it out with
a pump that claimed to pump 20 gallons a minute I found that it took a
minute and a half to empty the bilge. My tank has the fiberglass top -
some tops are aluminum and may have a different capacity. That's my
guess anyway. Our boats were built at close to the same time.

Bob Johns, Wind Call, #397.