[Public-list] vented loop

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed May 26 12:02:09 PDT 2004

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 02:50:44PM -0400, James Schueler wrote:
> The heat gun is
> a great idea as I found the hose to be extremely rigid.

A pot of boiling water works, too, and has the advantage that it won't
burn the hose.

> I now believe that the
> experience of installing a head in such a small space with so many hoses
> going in various directions (and fittings) shares much in common with
> how many people you can fit in a phone booth or VW.

Try working on the in-dash radio (lying on your back on the floor
with your feet up in the air) of a VW Bug that has an aftermarket
air-conditioner installed below it.  Do this on a mid-summer afternoon
in South Carolina. ;-)  I hadn't thought of that experience in years!

 - George