[Public-list] Boat stands and wind

John Irving a30blueteal at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 06:04:10 PST 2004

I have my A30 stored on blocks supported by Brownell stands. It sits
on a hard packed gravel driveway. Over the past couple of days we've
have had gale force winds with severe gusts. We get these storms on
and off throughout the winter. (The worst wind gusts we can expect in
my location are probably 50-60K.) During the last gale, the boat
loosened up a bit on the stands and I've tightened them about three
quarters of a turn.

I have a couple of questions for the list.

1) Does anyone know what strength of wind will blow an A30 off her stands?

2) I'm building a winter cover with a similar profile to Chris Sousa's
at this URL:

http://www.geocities.com/jsss54/

Is the added profile/windage of the cover something to be concerned about?

Thanks,

John
A30 Blue Teal