[Public-list] That brown goo from weeping blisters

Alan Slater alanslater at telus.net
Sat Nov 27 19:57:53 PST 2004

I noticed last week on the discussion "Water in the keel cavity", that one of the pictures showed a blister weeping a brownish liquid, possibly a resin residue.
On the inside of my cabin, the curves portions where the sides meet the top, I have many small paint blisters also weeping a brownish liquid. This only happens when the condensation level is high inside the boat.
I hope that this is the result of the previous owner using inferior paint, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the fiberglass resin breaking down, as this winter is slotted for a complete interior refinish.
I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas on this before I get started.
Thanks,
Alan Slater
"Romp"  #358