[Public-list] main winch?

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Nov 4 06:19:56 PST 2004

Hi there -

My #426 has factory mounted halyard winches on both sides of the mast.  I
leave the main on the stbd one...and have fitted a rope clutch to the mast
for the #1 Genny halyard so I can free that winch up for the spin halyard
(snubbing on the winch makes the hoisting and dousing easier to control in
heavier air) or the #2 genny should we need it.

I am not going to bring my halyards back... I don't mind having that work
going on forward to ease the traffic in the cockpit.

Gord #426 Surprise