[Public-list] main winch?

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Thu Nov 4 06:13:48 PST 2004

>My Alberg doesn't have a main winch!  Didn't know they >came with one.

I don't think any did. The winch on the mast is for the Genoa halyard, but a
bunch of owners have moved that halyard back to the cockpit (I'm one of
them). that frees up the mast winch for the main halyard.

I have an (rapidly getting) old Hood main that takes a lot of luff tension
to 1. control draft 2. get the luff dimension at least close to the black
bands on the mast. I don't believe just honkin' on the halyard by hand would
do it...

Michael Grosh
#220 Checkmate