[Public-list] Fuel filter

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon Nov 22 12:47:14 PST 2004

Bill,

I have a Racor filter on Calypso.  It separates water as well as filtering
to 2 microns.

You'll also find a fuel bowl and filter screen on the engine down at the
fuel pump.  If you don't have a separate filter, you may find that this
contains mostly water.  Check that first.

Another thing to consider is that your coil could be failing when it
gets hot.  This is not an uncommon failure mode, and often they will
work fine when they cool back down.

 - George