[Public-list] Water in Keel Cavity

John Irving a30blueteal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 18:59:49 PST 2004

Thanks Lee. I'm interested in hearing more about how you approached
the repair. Did you grind right through the keel? If not, how did you
inspect the ballast? You must have built up a laminate to cover your
work.. how did you know what to do?

I'm planning to grind off the antifouling paint in the Spring and see
what's there. Then maybe I'll grind out that gouge in the bottom of my
keel and fill it in. I'll put the "drill the holes and fill with
epoxy" project on the back burner for a while. It would be interesting
to know how much of a void there is between the ballast and the keel.
Thanks again for your response.

John