[Public-list] Purpose of "frame" for boat cover?

William Wallace tristan at one.net
Wed Nov 24 17:44:31 PST 2004

Hi  Dan and John,

My sense is that while many boats can be covered with tarps using the
mast as the "tent ridgepole", other folks find they need a framework to
keep heavy rains and snows off of the boat, and from forming
depressions on the tarp, where the water can turn to ice or collect,
then rip through.  I will built a simple framework this year for my
1962 Seafarer Rhodes Meridian to keep her dry!

Scott Wallace, WATERMARK