[Public-list] That brown goo from weeping blisters

Todd Redhead todd.redhead at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 28 11:35:12 PST 2004

Alan,

I have had some of the brown stuff up in the curves of my cabin as well.  I
think that it is nicotine from old cigarette smoke - at least that is what I
decided it was in mine.  I have the same stuff in my house especially in the
bathroom (where the humidity is high) that did the same thing - started to
oooz out of the paint.  The brown stuff is a sticky, gummy semi-liquid
substance that when you smell it has the faint odour of old ciggies.  I plan
to sand my inner cabin paint then use several good washes of TSP to get rid
of it.  That is what worked in my bathroom at home.

Todd
Strathgowan #400