[Public-list] That brown goo from weeping blisters

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 17:30:34 PST 2004

The chainplates are leaking so eventually I will have some deck work to do,
but it is not a big deal.

William,

I agree completely - it is "no big deal" yet so many boats are neglected by
leaking chainplates that it becomes a big deal once the water pentrtates the
the deck. Re-caulking the chainplates is an annual maintenance chore and
should not be ignored. It's easy. It's cheap. It doesn't take much time, but
if it isn't done every year, it becomes a problem.

Mike Lehman