[Public-list] That brown goo from weeping blisters

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 11:12:39 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/29/2004 8:02:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mainstay at csolve.net writes:

I have  had some of the brown stuff up in the curves of my cabin as well.   I
>> think that it is nicotine from old cigarette smoke - at least  that is
what I
>> decided it was in mine.  I have the same stuff  in my house especially in
the
>> bathroom (where the humidity is  high) that did the same thing - started to
>> oooz out of the  paint.  The brown stuff is a sticky, gummy semi-liquid
>>  substance that when you smell it has the faint odour of old ciggies.  I
plan
>> to sand my inner cabin paint then use several good washes of  TSP to get
rid
>> of it.  That is what worked in my bathroom at  home.

Very interesting. I have the same brown goo seeping through the paint on
Stargazers cabin overhead in a few places, mostly in the curve between the top
and the sides. I painted the inside of the cabin a few years ago with good, oil
 based gloss, and this stuff oozed right through it. When I first saw it, I
assumed we had sprayed some tomato sauce when cooking, though I didn't
remember  that happening. Then I started to see the stuff in places far from the
galley. I  assumed it was some component of the masonite liquifying and oozing
out. There  is not much, and I wasn't concerned, and hadn't given it much thought
until this  thread appeared. Interesting..........:)
Lee
Stargazer #255