[Public-list] Lexan or Acrylic ?

Bob Crinion bob at fox.nstn.ca
Mon Oct 4 12:45:32 PDT 2004

Hey Stephen,

A friend of mine recommended the Butyl Rubber for this task.
What size/width/thickness/color was the roll of Butyl Rubber?
Placing it in the cooler was a good idea!

The ports in my boat, A30 #560 have this grey stuff as a caulk.
Perhaps it is the original caulking, if so; maybe I should use the same
thing again since it lasted 30 years.
A couple ports leak and I have been band-aiding it for now with silicone
until a permanent fix is possible.

Thanks, and Thanks to George D for the Alberg 30 website write up on the
windows!

Bob Crinion
A30 #560
Nova Scotia