[Public-list] Lexan or Acrylic ?

Kristofer Coward kris at melon.org
Mon Oct 4 12:59:03 PDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 04:45:32PM -0300, Bob Crinion wrote:
> A friend of mine recommended the Butyl Rubber for this task.
> What size/width/thickness/color was the roll of Butyl Rubber?
> Placing it in the cooler was a good idea!

Speaking of butyl rubber, a friend of mine was recently complaining to
me about the high cost of some butyl rubber that he'd just bought for
his boat. Conveniently, I had a bicycle inner tube on hand to point out
that the box said "Butyl Inner Tube", and that it was rather cheap.

I suspect that the inner tube solution might not be wide or thick
enough for a lot of applications, but figured it'd be nice to share
this relatively cheap source of butyl.

Cheers,
Kris Coward
#583 Candy Cane