[Public-list] Pests - Low tech screening is one idea

Jay Davenport jay at saildriver.com
Tue Oct 5 11:43:26 PDT 2004

I have used a product called Raid Fumigator. It is intended to be used in a house, but also works well for boats. It is a canister which you set on the floorboards of your salon. Two minutes after activating the fumigator, it begins emitting a smoke which kills all insects within the sealed boat. After 3 hours, you open the boat and air it out for half an hour. No residue or bad odors, and no insects.

It comes in a package of 3 cannisters, for about $13.50 at hardware stores.

Jay Davenport
Revolution, A30 #526

Daniel Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com> wrote:
Hi A-30 people,

I've had my A-30 almost 20 years, but it was only a few years ago that I
realized what I could do to stop the mud-wasps...

I uses ordinary rigging tape to tape rectangular pieces of flexible
plastic screening material to the back of the louvered drop boards. I
also use a small bungee to secure an 8" square piece around the vent on
the foredeck and -- voila! No more mud wasps.

--Dan Sternglass
dans at stmktg.com
Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Cayuag Lake, Ithaca, NY