[Public-list] Re:#306 Stephen #114

CAPTDAVE40 at aol.com CAPTDAVE40 at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 05:35:15 PDT 2004

In a message dated 10/7/2004 7:29:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sousa_stephen at emc.com writes:
Dave,

Glad to hear she did well during the storm.

The extrusion that was used on our Albergs in my case #114 (1965) is no
longer available from the manufacturers. I had these two vendors provide a quote
for new rig a few years back.  I would also plan for a new mast step as well,
since the extrusion is different. There are a few suppliers in New England,
Dwyer Mast in Ct and Metal Mast in Putnam, CT. I can have the length and other
dimensions that you need since I will be pulling the boat over the next week or
so. Do you also need the dimensions of the boom. If you can't wait that long,
someone else may have a boat out of the water.

Stephen
Stephen, thank you so much.
I shall look up all the suppliers you have mentioned.
Yes! I would appreciate the length dimensions of your mast. From the picture
I just received from, Spice Island Marine, Grenada, my boom looks intact. They
cut the mast off just above the boom yoke and main-hallard winch. I plan on
returning to Grenada in a few weeks, so there is no hurry for the dimensions
anyway.
Thanks again for the help,
Dave Ferneding
COOBER PEDY # 306