[Public-list] Sailing Dingy Stuff

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Tue Oct 19 08:16:45 PDT 2004

Somewhere we picked up an old, 10' dingy that my daughter has painted bright yellow and decided to name "Stupid Dingy."   During the Canadian friendship weekend George Dinwiddie spoke with her and, together, they determined  Stupid Dingy should become a sailing dingy.  I did some research and discovered a rig using a windsurfer mast, boom and sail.  This has some possibilities (particularly since a friend has agreed to give me some of his old gear) but I would like to explore rig alternatives as well as dagger board and rudder designs.

George suggested installing lee boards but I would also be willing to build a dagger board or centerboard trunk.  Can anyone recommend where I might find used dingy parts and/or designs for sailing gear?

Thanks so much,

Roger

Roger L. Kingsland, AIA
Managing Partner
Kingsland Scott Bauer Associates (KSBA)
N40° 27' 49"  W79° 57' 59"
3441 Butler Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
www.ksba.com

1(412) 252-1500 X101 - Office & Voice Mail
1(412) 779-5101 - Mobile (no voice mail)
1(412) 252-1510 - Fax