[Public-list] Introduction

John Irving a30blueteal at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 13:18:55 PST 2004

Hello,

I just bought an A30 which I will be sailing in the Penobscot Bay
region of Maine. I have coveted these boats for years, and this month
circumstances came together in my favor - I am now the owner of one of
these fine classics.

I have followed this this list on and off for about five years,
enjoying the community atmosphere and the helpful discourse between
list members. I look forward to the opportunity to join in.

My A30 was advertised as a 1967 model. The manufacturer's plate that
was under the bridge deck is missing, and I'm wondering if there is
any way, in its absence, that I can discover the hull number of the
boat. None of the documentation that came with the boat has a
manufacturer's serial number. The spinnaker sail bag has the number
"314" on it. The boat's name is Blue Teal. I'm wondering if anyone on
the list can help.

Thank you, and I look forward to getting to know other A30 owners.

John