[Public-list] someone's machine is infected

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Oct 6 07:40:49 PDT 2004

On closer examination, the reference to Dell is probably a red-herring.
The IP address (69.140.187.125) is reliable and the computer name
(pcp04414643pcs.nrockv01.me.comcast.net) is determined by a reverse IP
lookup.  This is the name that Comcast has given to the machine.  If
you're behind a router/firewall, this name & IP address will apply to
that, instead of the PC.

 - George