[Public-list] A30 Moving

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Thu Oct 14 06:11:47 PDT 2004

Bill,

I passed this by a friend who sailed his 49 Hinckley from Houston to the
Boston area, the 49 footer seems to get smaller the further from shore. They
have different amenities like refrigeration, shower, hot water and so on
that we don't have on the Alberg. There is no doubt the Alberg is a blue
water cruiser and can make the trip. The only reason he sailed her to
Boston, trailering required removing the keel otherwise she wouldn't clear
bridges.

He recommends trailering the boat for the $2500-3000 with a hauler it is
worth the money. The run down the pan handle of Florida to the Keys is a
long run. Estimating an 1800 mile run (total mileage) at 6 knots will take
300 hours or approx. 10 days. If you have an unlimited amount of time then
it doesn't matter.

Regards,
Stephen