[Public-list] A30 Moving

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 14 09:15:50 PDT 2004

Bill,
I guess the interview that you had in Indianapolis was successful.

Wish my boat was off the trailer.  I could then loan you the trailer.

Many places advertise boat moving, try Good Old Boat, Wooden Boat Magazines. Spin Sheet also has advertisers.  Then check with the group to see if anyone has used their services.  I would guess the cost is going to be in the $2,500 to $3,500 range.

If you decide to sail Sabrina around you can use the intracoastal waterway from Stuart to Ft Myers, FL.  There is a fixed railroad bridge near Indiantown which will clear an Alberg.  I believe that an Alberg requires 45' above the water for clearance.  You will be going up toward the Florida panhandle so sailing generally with the prevailing winds until you get to Apalachicola.  I know of several boat owners on the Seafarer List who live along the coasts of Florida where you could probably stop.  You are welcome to stay with us in Fort Myers on the Caloosahatchee River.  We are on the Intracoastal and have a deep water canal and slip directly behind the house which you can use, oh yeah did I mention a hot shower.
Hurricane season is typically over 15th of November.

Thanks again for the sail on Sabrina during my recent Chesapeake adventure.

Michael

Bill Blevins <billblevins at mac.com> wrote:
If you had to get an Alberg 30 from Maryland to Mobile Bay, Alabama, how
would you do it?

How much is a A30 trailer? Are there used ones? Can you rent one? How
much would a boat mover be? What boat moving companies do you recommend
or have experience with? How long (or short) of a sail would that be? etc.

Thank for any advice!

Bill Blevins
Sabrina #158