[Public-list] Mast Mount

Charles Wells chuckdeany at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 18 16:05:03 PDT 2004

Richard,
After just completing the re-coring of my mast step area on #475, the mast base plate machine bolts are intended to keep the mast from walking across the deck.  In time, the bolts become loose and are not gripping the fiberglass as they once did.

If the base area is not delaminated or the core is not rotten, you could remove the plate and use 5200 to secure it to the deck top.  If the core is rotten, then you will have to cut out the base area, re-core, and glass the deck area like I just did.  Hopefully, the former will suffice.

Chuck Wells
Apollo #475