[Public-list] shaft bearing removal

Bill Ydel bydel at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 22 06:03:08 PDT 2004

Speaking of cutlass bearings.
SallyB #441 is in the water year round in Charleston. I have the bottom
cleaned every 60 days by a diver. On his last invoice he noted that my paint
was good but the cutlass bearing was bad.
I was not planning on hauling the boat until next fall. I use the atomic 4
only to get in and out of the marina or some time go up the waterway a few
miles. Am I in danger of doing further damage by not addressing the issue
now?
I know that everything is a matter of degree and I am asking a how high is
high question. But I am asking it anyway.

Bill