[Public-list] Sabrina #158 - Deck Layout

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Tue Sep 28 04:18:30 PDT 2004

Someone asked, so here's how I finally rigged my deck. I have an extra
main halyard to run yet and I will probably will add turning blocks on
the port side of the mast for the "main" main halyard (the one that goes
through the mast) and the jib halyard. I am planning on rebuilding the
boom goose neck this winter and add a dodger.

(Left) jib & main halyards to a Harken single-speed self-tailing #16,
(center) Garhauer vang, (right) vang control line, spin halyard and
topping lift. Spin foreguy runs from the front cleat to the starboard
deck fairlead track and up to a cam cleat on the starboard cabin side.
I'm going to add a pad eye in the center of the bow later and
permanently mount a block instead of attaching to the cleat.

http://mysailingphotos.com/deck.html

Bill Blevins
Sabrina #158