[Public-list] 78 Amp alternator/Atomic 4

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 7 15:26:35 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Dinwiddie" <gdinwiddie at alberg30.org>
To: "Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all" <public-list at alberg30.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Public-list] 78 Amp alternator/Atomic 4

>snip<
> BTW, the A4 will run on a single cylinder.  In fact, it will run, but
> without much power, with two wires swapped.  Check that your firing
> order is correct.

I know for a fact that my Atomic 4 will NOT run on one cylinder, and will
only make about 700 rpm on 2.  I get 1100 on 3, and 1350 on 3 + 1 with low
compression (my current state).  When the compression was good on all 4, and
teh batteries were charged up, I got 1650 rpm.  All in reasonably calm winds
& flat water.

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229