[Public-list] rope life lines

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Sep 15 13:46:39 PDT 2004

I had either 1/4" or 5/16" dacron for one of my lifelines for a couple
years before I got around to replacing it.  I used a trucker's hitch to
tighten it.

It had considerable wear over the time I used it.  I didn't trust it,
but, then, I don't trust lifelines anyway.  Making your own wire
lifelines isn't terribly expensive.  I bought the hand-crimp tool and
use crimp-on fittings.
http://www.csjohnson.com/pages/online_catalog/marine/page_11.htm
http://www.csjohnson.com/pages/online_catalog/marine/page_10.htm

 - George