[Public-list] rope life lines

Peter Amos p.a.amos at tesco.net
Wed Sep 15 15:23:13 PDT 2004

One dark and dirty night a plastic covered s/s lifeline parted and nearly
ended my cruising career.I have never used them since.I  am using rope now
and find for the top line it is very good,easy to check for chafe and
tighten if it stretches.The lower line is not so good with rope if it passes
through stanchion without  grommets, too much chafe.I have not yet been able
to find replacements for the original plastic grommets.One of my many
projects is to make lower lifelines from s/s rigging wire.
Peter Amos
TaitTait #478