[Public-list] Oxford Race

Brian Palmer Bpalmer at DigitalArsenal.com
Tue Sep 21 10:37:49 PDT 2004

Bill,

Here's a link to see the housing I made.  It's got it's ups and downs.
It will protect the camera pretty well against both weather and impact
from flying winch handles or whatever, but to use it, you have to turn
on the camera, side it in to the casing, screw 20 screws for the back
panel, and the aim it in the general direction you want.  I'm really
shooting from the hip with the current setup, since I cant see what I'm
really getting. In the photo, you can also see the screw eye into the
wood with a lanyard.Worse case if it gets snagged by a line and ripped
free from the tripod, it will drag in the water until I can pull it in.

http://www.DigitalArsenal.com/lingin/housing.jpg

I like the SuperClamp you use.  Looks like it will secure the camera
well when a stanchion or pulpit is nearby.  I'll have to try to make
something like that for this weekend's races.

Thanks for sharing :)

-Brian