[Public-list] Replacement tiller

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 21 08:06:28 PDT 2004

Joe;
    It only takes a 2 x 6 for the base of a form, several well placed 1/2 " bolts to
act as limits for the bend,   some (5 at the most)  bendable strips of whatever wood
you want to make a tiller from of length about 45" for the longest ones and some  Epoxy
and you can make your own fairly easily. If you need to buy a sander, and additional
clamps,  it will still be cheaper than having one custom made. I have made one from
hickory and am well pleased with it. I found that the max was about 1/4" thick to allow
bending without steaming it.
Don