[Public-list] Help(Just Bought an Alberg 30)

RbrtSchindler at netscape.net RbrtSchindler at netscape.net
Fri Apr 8 12:32:36 PDT 2005

I need to find out some info on the rigging of an Alberg 30.  I recently
purchased #348 Good Hope from Mr. James Aguilard of Valentine Creek on
the Severn River.  I need to replace the Forestay/Backstay and
unfortunately I live in Hamilton, Ontario.  I need to know the exact
length and size(diameter) from the top of the Tangs to the bottom of
the pins in the Turnbuckle for both.  Also, are the tangs a single eyelet
or the type that sandwich a sleave?  I am planning on coming down to the
boat on April 16-19 to start unwinterizing the engine and to address some
of the issues.  I need to find a Gen pole somewhere close to Valentine
creek to unstep the mast on the 18th to replace the two stays and possibly
the Halyards plus topping lift.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s.  I presently have wire to rope Halyards and would like to replace to
straight rope.  Are the sheaves big enough to accomodate 3/8 line or will
they jam and if so where can I get new ones(sheaves)in Annapolis?  Would
I have to order them before I come down?

Thanks Again,
Rob Schindler

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.