[Public-list] Help(Just Bought an Alberg 30)

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 10 17:01:49 PDT 2005

Rob,

Congratulations on purchasing an Alberg 30. I don't know if I can advise you
on the length of the headstay/backstay. Eventhough the boats are alike, I
would not order rigging based upon another boats measurements. I would like
to help you, if I can. The Chesapeake A30 Association has an A-frame that we
use to take down masts. I am the keeper of the 'rig'. If I know what time
you will need help, and where you will be, we could possibly be at your boat
to take the mast down and it would not cost anything. You may also want to
contact Chesapeake Rigging in Annapolis. They are familiar with the A30 and
could make a new headstay/backstay. Are you keeping the boat here, or taking
in to Canada? How long will you be here?

Mike Lehman