[Public-list] Toe rail

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 08:04:00 PDT 2005

You will not loose the bend in the toe rail. I replaced mine and used a
straight pice of wood bending it a little at a time as I was installing it.
You will need to seal the entire deck-hull joint. While you are at it you
should check to see if your boat was put together with pop rivets. If it
was, then replace the rivets with SS machine screws. You will not only
prevent future leaks, you will strengthen the joint. A short cut is to
recaulk the toe rail without removing it, it will stop leaks for a while.

http://alberg30.org/maintenance/disorganized/HullDeckJoint/

Mike Lehman