[Public-list] Ignition wiring...

Meinhold, Michael J MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Mon Apr 25 05:53:38 PDT 2005

Tony Fortnam, previous owner of #272, had exactly that problem and moved the
ignition, choke, blower switch and light switch to the compass cutout. It
has the problem of accumulating dirt and water, so the ignition switch has
been replaced at least 3 times. I considered doing what you suggest and
putting it inside, but where you could reach it from the cockpit. Instead, I
think we will attach a piece of plastic to the hinged piece that covers the
compass, so that that cutout is protected. If I have to get a new ignition
switch again,  it will go inboard!

The Early Bird Cruise got canceled, according to my 5 year old Max, by
"those lying weathermen". We were told to expect wicked thunderstorms
through the evening, but they never amounted to much.

We got out on Sunday and had a very nice motor up the Magothy and sail back
in 15-18 knots. I'm determined to never run the engine without running it
for 30 minutes. It's tough because where we dock, we're on the open bay in 3
minutes!

Mike

Rinn Duin #272