[Public-list] Installing the Hands Free Galley Sink Pump

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Thu Aug 4 15:57:30 PDT 2005

Hands Free Galley Sink Pump?
galley foot pump?

Greetings, to Bob,
I also installed the gusher pump recently. It was a cinch and is a
  welcome device after ages of using the one-hand sink pump.
The most challenging part was cutting a slot in the side of the sink
  cabinet for the pump pedal to stick out through.

I'd suggest cutting the slot as far fwd as you can: I put it about in
  the middle of the cabinet and find that my foot gets a bit pinched
  between the companionway ladder and the pump pedal. A small think,
  but I pass that along as what came to mind as an improvement.

I converted my hand pump to sea water (there were two through-hulls
  under the sink), which is convenient at times for SW rinsing.

  Best of Luck,

Randy Katz
Seattle/Bellingham, WA.