[Public-list] Port light installation on older Alberg

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Tue Aug 16 09:09:32 PDT 2005

I found that if you put the forward portlights in  first, you can use the hole for the aft port opening to reach all the screw holes. Then, if you have the necessary arm length and have extenders for your screwdrivers, you can stand in the companionway and get to both sides of the af tport to install the portlights. Getting access for reinstalling the ports was the hardest thing for me. As you may guess, I did the job almost singlehandedly. For the rest, the most important things was to make sure you have enough caulking - better to clean up than not have enough and still have leaks.

I found the directions and the pictures outstanding.

>>> 1ralley at comcast.net 08/16/05 11:17 AM >>>
Irene M:  This sounds to me like the same business as putting fixed
windows in an automobile--like a windshield/windscreen.  You might talk
to an auto glass repair shop before you get out the ballpeen
hammers......I'll bet it isn't as hard as it looks--you just have to
know how to hold your mouth!!

Rob Alley