[Public-list] Pointing Up

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Thu Aug 18 15:00:34 PDT 2005

I think the size of the sail may affect pointing as  well. I purchased a smaller furling headsail this year and find that I can point under 40 apparent easily. could not do that effectively with the larger head sail. The price I paid is a little less speed under 10 knots of wind.

>>> sousa_stephen at emc.com 08/18/05 2:02 PM >>>
Randy,

Do you have a roller furling installed.
Conditions of the sails.
Rigging adj.

Anyone of these 3 items will effect how your boat heads up. I have lost a
few degrees going from hank on to a roller but not to 50 degrees. I have new
sails so she head up quite well.

Stephen