[Public-list] Pointing Up

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Thu Aug 18 17:02:48 PDT 2005

Randy,

the key to the Alberg in pointing is the trim of your jib in combination
with the trim and position of your main. If your jib (we have a no.1 178%)
is trimmed almost all the way to the spreaders, and you have telltales
streaming straight off the back of the main then you are likely tirmmed
well. Check you helm to see the pull you have to windward. If little then
bring the traveller up some to center and trim in a little more. This
should make a bit of a difference.

However if you are still confounded and not racing then consider the size
of your jib and work towards longer tacks if possible. Also remember that
an A30 is at her best when the cove stripe is lapping at the edge of the
water.

We really dont get much better I believe than 50 degress off of the wind
by the way. However preformance is based more on good sailtrim than much
else.

I owned a Tempest at one time and we did well to tim in under 45 degrees
somthing I felt was akin to pointing into the wind. So this may be a
little loose on the Alberg but nothing seriously wrong.

--
C.B. Currier
A30 Ches. Bay Assn Rear-Commodore Racing
cbcurrier at spinrx.com
#57 Infinity
#458 Daybreak