[Public-list] Ventilation

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Aug 20 10:59:54 PDT 2005

Dave Terrell wrote:
> Mostly increase comfort when sleeping in the v-berth - better
> ventilation for control of mildew, etc. is also a goal.

I think a solar vent on the lazarette hatch might help if you've got a
mildew problem, but unless you shut the boat up while you're aboard, it
won't suck the air through the boat.

A windscoop over the forward hatch works great at anchor, except for
those windless nights, of course.  In a slip, you can't generally get a
good windflow due to the obstructions around and the fact that the boat
doesn't follow the wind direction.  Then, a square box fan placed over
the forward hatch can come in handy.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.