[Public-list] Whisker pole

Michael Grosh dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Sat Aug 27 14:03:59 PDT 2005

>Arriving at the Delta check in desk with a 15 feet long >piece of bamboo
>might raise some eyebrows and the >reaction of the U.S. Customs and
>immigration can only >be imagined.Thanks for the information Rob,but I
>think >this idea is a non starter.

Bamboo. It's closer than you think. The stuff is invasive and most people
like it to be thinned down. I go to Windy Hill Wharf (Choptank river)
whenever I want some.  I bet you drive by a patch of it on the way to work
every day.

I'm thinking it would make a pretty good whisker pole. The cut bamboo I have
laying around the house does develop long splits running it's length. I
don't know what you do to prevent that, except get more.

Michael Grosh