[Public-list] Re: battery chargers

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sun Dec 4 10:24:34 PST 2005

I use a "smart" trickle charger that shuts off when the batteries are
fully charged. It is also isolated from the AC line by a transformer. I
leave it on all the time, and the AC automatic bilge pump on too, at the
pier on shore power. You need to check that the polarity is correct, but
having  done that, I have not had any electrolysis problems in eight
years. I un-plug  from shore power however, when going in the water,
though fell in 18 months ago and survived. with the boat plugged in.

- Gordon White