[Public-list] Bottom Paint

Bill Ydel bill at ydelco.com
Mon Dec 19 07:05:21 PST 2005

SallyB #441 is in the water year round in Charleston, SC. I did a bottom job
in 2004 and have a diver clean the bottom every 60 days. On his last invoice
he indicated that the paint was poor. My problem is that there is no longer
a "do it yourself" yard in the Charleston area. We had one but it was sold
and changed their policy. To get the bottom done is about $1,200. Needless
to say I would like to postpone that expense as long as possible.
After all that, I do have a question. Since I get the bottom cleaned anyway,
is there a downside to not having fresh antifouling paint?? Does the
antifouling paint provide some type on protection that I need to be
concerned about.

Merry Christmas to all, I hope that you have a wonderful Holiday season

Bill Ydel