[Public-list] Bottom Paint

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 19 07:28:07 PST 2005

Bill,

This depends on the type of paint. If you use a hard paint, the toxins
(anti-fouling agents) leech out of the paint over time and leave the
pigments behind. Ablative paints sluff off and when the paint is gone so are
the anti-fouling properties.

For years I have been using Interlux Microm CSC which is an ablative paint,
and I usually get 2 years of service from my paint. Other folks have gotten
more.

Mike Lehman