[Public-list] Solar Panel

Peter Staehling staehpj1 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 04:08:52 PST 2005

Do you guys usually stay hooked up to shore power and
have a trickle charger running when the boat is not in
use?

After the comments from the group and looking at the
logistics of buying and installing solar panels, I am
thinking that for the short haul at least, I will not
buy panels with substantial charging capability.  I
still an thinking of a small panel to keep things
topped up at times when the boat sits unattended for a
while (especially over the winter).

George's comment about "equalizing charge" has me
wondering about whether I can charge both batteries
with one panel.  I assume "equalizing charge" means
that it independently charges both batteries at the
same time.  Is that right?

One other naive question.  There were comments about
upgrading the alternator and the voltage regulator.
How do I know what I currently have?  Can I tell by a
visual inspection?

Pete

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com