[Public-list] More Cockpit Coamings

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 19 06:20:05 PST 2005

Peter;
    I think you are correct on your concerns with epoxies for both oil
colouration and lack of UV protection. There are some fairly new wood
glues out that are meant to be watertight but not for use below the
waterline for extended periods.( Titebond 111 )You might try that.
Cracks as you describe are usually checks that have relieved internal
wood grain pressures. If the check is not major and relatively near the
bottom edge, then why not consider using a brass or bronze screw to help
hold the wood together with a water repellant glue? If you want more on
this e-mail me off liist
Don #528