[Public-list] Re: diesel fuel (some other thoughts)

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Sun Feb 13 09:49:02 PST 2005

Gordon and fellow Albergers,

I have a Topsider which is used for many purposes one draining the fuel tank
once a year capturing any water and stuff from the bottom (also have a
Racor). Many people fill the tank up for the fall, I actually empty the tank
dry and use the fuel either in the car or truck. If I have water and dirt in
the tank, the town garage takes waste oil and fuel to heat the building for
winter another source to donate old fuel. This method has worked for years,
I start the season with new fuel. I generally purchase my fuel for the boat
from the station that I use for my vehicles.

My location in Ipswich, MA does not have any fuel on the river. I fueled up
once at the fuel dock in Gloucester and was changing filters after running
ten gallons of fuel.

Stephen