[Public-list] Mast Wiring

Brian Palmer Bpalmer at DigitalArsenal.com
Mon Feb 21 10:41:26 PST 2005

I rewired my mast and did the same thing, wire ties in groups of 3 at 120
degrees apart every few feet.  Seems to work well so far.  Regarding the
Black VS white, I had bad luck with a batch of black ones, seeming more
brittle.  I ended up using white ones.  I think it really depends on the
brand you get.

-Brian

-------------------
Brian Palmer
Digital Arsenal, Inc.
443.321.8736
http://www.DigitalArsenal.com

-----Original Message-----
From: public-list-bounces at alberg30.org
[mailto:public-list-bounces at alberg30.org] On Behalf Of Don Campbell
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 1:29 PM
To: Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all
Subject: Re: [Public-list] Mast Wiring

Chris;
    I used 6 wires in my mast tied off all the wires as a bundle every 18"
to 2 feet or so with 3 -  6"
nylon wire ties and left the tails on so that the tails  were 120 degrees
apart as one looks down on a
cross section of the longitudinal aspect of the wire.  They are light,
resilient, easy to pull through
the mast  and keep the wire from hitting the aluminum with a lot of noise.
These should be available at
any auto electrical supply for a reasonable price. The black ones tend to be
more UV stable than white,
but not of much consequence in the mast.

hence     \   __
               /
for a pattern
Don